5 Apr 2012

40 Minus 2 and Counting

I just realised  we are only 1 month out from my birthday.
I’m not scared of ageing, I’m only scared of shrinking. As a vertically challenged 5’2 I really can’t afford shrinkage and thanks to an inspirational woman I have realised a way to overcome it.
About 5 years ago in an, opium den inspired, bar I met the most elegant woman I have ever seen. Closer to 80 than 60, and seated in a high wing backed chair she was attended by an entourage of gorgeous gay boys in their 20s.
With no room at our table, she immediately shooed one of her entourage out of his chair and invited me to sit with her. I was so struck by her colourful Chinese silk robes, her skyscraper heels and the enormous diamonds on her long skinny fingers that I remember little of our conversation.
What I do remember is declaring to my friends, the moment we were outside, that when I grew up I wanted to be her!
I also surmised that such a woman wouldn’t have to worry about shrinkage as she was probably carried about by her entourage on a Cleopatra chair. So in the future I won’t be buying orthopaedic shoes and ordering a zimmer frame, I shall be going out on a high, kicking my heels up.
If you require further proof that this wasn’t an opium inspired dream head over to advancedstyle.blogspot.com for more evidence that style is eternal and only gets better.
My style has always been more street than elegant so here is where I am heading and I can’t wait to get there.

The eternally inspirational Anna Piaggi
photo courtesy of lexpress.fr