23 Jul 2012

Denim Revelations

I had all the best intentions of not shopping this month. Funny how when you decide you will only purchase necessities everything becomes a necessity.

With so many amazing sales on I have pulled and wriggled my way into just about every pair of skinny jeans in this town but in the end I was back at Dotti, where the cut has always fitted me well and I paid full price. This is because I have come to a number of realisations...

Hallelujah just when I thought the collagen around my knees was getting thinner I worked out it’s actually the fabric our jeans are made of. I love the really soft of jeans but once you loose the structure that denim gives you might as well be wearing a legging.

Buying jeans a size too small as they will stretch is utter nonsense if you have not crammed yourself into them in the first place.

Hips are nature’s coat hangers so Dotti’s Super Tubes are perfect for me. I just go up one size larger than normal so they sit gently on my hip bones with no sign of muffin and this way the knees are not so tight and my legs do not appear like over stuffed sausages.

Dark denim, greys, greens and black are my friends as are patterns. Light pastel colours are not and prefer the company of people with no cellulite.

There is a skinny jean out there for everyone I often see plus size women wearing them and get bum envy.
Marble Ink Brushed

Similar to True Religion the pocket detailing on Dotti’s jeans does something magical to your arse

Core Rinse