10 Jul 2012

Bringing a Smile to my face

Mid winter and full of the flu I was sitting at my desk today feeling very sorry for myself indeed. Earlier in the year I broke some bones in my foot so I decided to give snowboarding a miss this season. Now I'm left contemplating what to do in winter when not queueing for a chairlift, and more importantly what to wear?

Normally at this time of year I take a short fashion holiday. The mountain is a magical place where makeup is replaced by goggles and helmets, and everyone is free to wander the streets dressed like teenage boys in low riders and enormous puffer jackets which resemble duvets (comforters/eiderdowns).

But I can't dress like that in the city .... or can I ? Well give them a medal! the people at Alexander McQueen www.alexandermcqueen.com must have been hanging out on the hill too, because they have come up with a cunning way to have the best of both worlds. Behold McQueen Autumn Winter 2012, a delightful collection encompassing all the anonymity of goggles and all the comfort of a comforter. Imagine how chic and mysterious you will look as you pop to the supermarket for some clear eyes, and no one but you and I will know you still have your pyjamas on underneath.

Lisa O'Neill (www.lisaoneill.co.nz) who is very wise, is always saying cake is cheaper than botox, and I'm starting to think stockpiling these visor/glasses now could save me a fortune on facelifts later.




Divine, like a giant powder puff