28 Aug 2012

Continuous Flow – The Art of Elongation


As a vertically challenged 5’2” I spend a fair bit of time creating optical illusions and in order to create a more gazelle like appearance I highly recommend the following techniques not only to my fellow hobbits but also to those who are more cankley challenged:
Continuous Flow: I like to think of my legs as drainpipes. In winter I tend to only wear fitted pants or leggings and keep my shoes the same colour, or I take advantage of camouflaging properties of tights and wear my shortest skirts. During summer when my legs will not cause blindness to the naked eye I switch to nude shoes.

Backgrounds: A trick I have learnt recently is to use a high low with a longer tail than usual, think circus ringmaster, to provide a background to my drainpipes making them appear even thinner and longer.
Flower Stems: If I need to wear flat shoes my go to is a cowboy or biker boot. The wider the opening of the boot the more your ankles and calves look like  delicate flower stems coming out of a vase rather than tree trunks sprouting from the ground.