27 Jul 2012

Has anyone seen my ....


I have only been late for work once this week (that’s pretty good for me!) and that was due to turning the alarm off in my sleep (I cant find the iph when I’m awake how do I find it and turn it off in my sleep?).

By putting a little extra effort in I have eliminated the half hour I spent most days searching for MIA clothes, in the dryer, in the teenagers room and in the back of the car.

Some would call this OCD I call it POL (prioritisation of laziness). My wardrobe organisation and organising outfits the night before is really paying off and allowing me maximum quality time with my duvet in the mornings.

Here are some of my wardrobe organising tips to help you display and find what you need during the morning panic. My other tip is leave the wardrobe doors open at night so you can peruse from the comfort of your bed (really the amount of time I spend horizontal is shocking!).

If you need some inspiration to turn your closet into a visual extravaganza watch Tiffany from Makeup by Tiffany D’s updated wardrobe vlog. 
Thumbnail
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNfX8j_WkSY
Forever my motto, reuse, recycle, repurpose, use rolled up magazines for boot stuffers and for holding bracelets. Fold your jeans in 3’s and stack so you can identify them by their pockets.
Use hooks, I use suction cup hooks on or around your mirror to store your necklaces. Hang earrings over the lip of any container.
Snapware you deserve a round of applause. These are my favourite product of the year I use them for my entire makeup kit. Each layer clips together and has removable dividers. I store lip products in one layer, concealers in another ... you get the idea and when I need to take my kit to a job I just choose the layers I need clip together and go. I find I can comfortably carry 6 or 7 layers in each hand.