5 Jul 2012

Optical Illusions

A wise woman once told me the bigger the handbag (and the husband) the smaller i.e. thinner you look.

What she failed to mention was that I could end up looking like a thin Quasimodo. After moving some furniture recently the twinge in my shoulder told me it was time to change my ways.
This week I have taken to carrying oversized clutches. As it’s only about the size of my normal makeup bag I am down to just a lippy and some concealer. I recently also purchased a flat hard wallet and I throw all my coins in a jar at home so that has helped. I have shed all the unknown keys from the keyring, and left the glasses on the desk too.

The optical illusion may be gone but I feel as light as a feather and having to ask attractive large men to read the small print to me at the supermarket may open up a whole new possibility!


Borba Margo



Clare Vivier (laptop bags can make a cute alternative too)