5 Aug 2013

How Much ???

"Are you from Australia or New Zealand" the sales assistant said at Macy's when I asked her if she was sure that was the right price. Clearly she had come across gasping, fainting, shrieking with joy woman from the Antipodes before.

I knew makeup was cheaper in the US but how much cheaper blew my tiny mind. The teenager flies every 10 weeks and the girls and I save our moola and place our orders for the duty free, forcing her to present at the MAC counter with a list and my credit card. But that's just between NZ and AU and only means a teeny saving.

So with my kiwi peso in hand I was finally able to get my hands on all my staples plus some products I've been patiently waiting to try.

Just to give you an idea, now make sure you are sitting down and have some tissues handy, we pay NZ$70 for MAC Studio Fix Fluid, while in the land of the free, and it practically was, I paid NZ$36. Please use the the tissues now if you are a kiwi because touching up your makeup will probably cost you a weeks wages. So give a sister a break if you see her bare faced and remember to bring her a little something back from your next trip.

Just a few of my favourite things that I picked up